The Village will be reconstructing 127th Street (including the Community Building Parking Lot) from Frontier Park to Ruby Avenue. This project will include removal of the asphalt surface, water valve upgrades, storm sewer catch basin upgrades and sewer main lining. This project will begin on May 11, 2020 and will take approximately 120 days. The Village has retained Stark Pavement Corporation as the contractor for this project.
There are a few important items we want you to be aware of;
- There will be no on-street parking on 127th starting on May 8, 2020 until the project has been completed. If you park on 127th street you will have to park on a side street (east of 127th St) and walk to your home. Violations of the no-parking restrictions will be ticketed and towed.
- We expect that you will have access to your driveway throughout the project. The only exceptions will be when asphalt is being removed in front of your driveway, asphalt is being poured in front of your driveway, or if any utility upgrades will be taking place in front of your driveway. In these cases, the disruption will be temporary.
- The project will be happening in phases as to minimize the impact on residents. A phasing map can be viewed here. These time frames are tentative and weather dependent.
- The Village will have a construction update blog on our website, butlerwi.gov. Please check this page, our e-newsletter, and our social media accounts for regular updates on the progress of the project.
- The road will be open for traffic from the time the asphalt is removed until the time in which the new asphalt surface will be poured. Please use extreme caution when traveling on the gravel road. Avoid all barrels, cones, and construction materials. Again, there is no on-street parking on 127th during this project.
- During the removal of asphalt, it is expected that the process will create dust. The contractor will take every precaution to minimize the dust as much as possible. This dust is not harmful to you, your family, or your property.
- Work will begin at 7 am and end by 7 pm, Monday- Friday with an occasional Saturday.
Garbage and Recycling Collection
Garbage and recycling will still be collected by Johns Disposal as usual. We have asked Johns to collect 127th Street first thing each Monday morning for the duration of the project. To avoid a missed collection, please place you totes out for collection Sunday evening. DO NOT PLACE TOTES IN THE ROAD. Place your totes in the grass near your driveway apron.
Butler DPW will still collect brush on the 1st and 3rd weeks of each month for the duration of the project. DO NOT PLACE BRUSH IN THE STREET. Place all brush in the grass near the curb in front of your home.
May 20 Update
Weather has delayed the start of the storm sewer utility upgrades in phase 1 and 2 of the project. That work is not slated to begin on 5/22/2020.
May 11 Update
Inlet protection was installed today. Saw cutting of paving limits and curb removal will begin on 5/12/2020. Utility upgrades will begin on 5/18/2020.