Business Resources for COVID-19 Relief
Local (City & Waukesha County Resources)
- Waukesha County Center for Growth Coronavirus Updates – List of business resources and important updates. Website includes several useful articles, guides and legal resources.
State of Wisconsin Resources
- WEDC Small Business 2020 –The Small Business 20/20 Program provides grant funds to approved community development financial institutions (CDFIs). Approved CDFIs will award grants of up to $20,000 to their existing loan clients to assist with cash-flow challenges resulting from COVID-19. Businesses that are not currently CDFI clients are not eligible to access these funds, but WEDC will work to expand access to funding through other programs as more resources become available.
- WEDC Small Business Strategy Guide – Small/Downtown Business Strategies during Covid-19 emergency.Document is being updated regularly.
- Department of Workforce Development Information – Information and updates from the Department of Workforce Development
- Gener8tor Wisconsin Emergency Response Program – Daily webinars designed to identify, understand and help small businesses secure resources to withstand the current crisis. One-on-one office hours will also be available.
- Wisconsin Small Business Development Center – Links to important resources and information amid quickly changing conditions and unprecedented measures during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Small Business Administration Injury Disaster Loan Assistance – The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) is offering designated states and territories low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital to small businesses suffering substantial economic injury as a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Internal Revenue Service Coronavirus Tax Relief – Resources for tax filing extensions and deferred tax payments due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- US Chamber of Commerce – Business resources, tips, legislative updates.
- HUD Community Development Block Grant – Quick Guide to CDBG Eligible activities to support infectious disease response.
- US Department of Homeland Security – Memo that lists who is considered a Critical Infrastructure Worker during the COVID-19 Response
OtherResources (Private Foundations, Organizations, and Companies)
- Kiva Lending –Kiva is a social platform that acts as a conduit between investors and entrepreneurs with 0% interest small business loans. They have increased the lending amounts from $10,000 to $15,000 and have extended the repayment period to assist businesses Businesses in Downtown Waukesha are also eligible for a 50% match for women and minority owned businesses since Downtown Waukesha is a Connect Community
- Yelp – $25 million in relief, primarily focused on supporting independent local restaurant and nightlife businesses
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program – Facebook is offering $100M in cash grants and ad credits for up to 30,000 eligible small businesses in over 30 countries where they operate. STILL IN DEVELOPMENT
- Restaurant Workers Community Foundation – Restaurant Workers Community Foundation (RWCF). Their website has information on a new COVID-19 Restaurant Workers Emergency Relief Fund as well as other resources for the restaurant industry.
- USBG National Charity Foundation Grants – Bartender Emergency Assistance Program
- Eater List of Relief Funds for Restaurants, Bars, and Food Service Workers – A list of resources for restaurants, bars, and all foodservice workers.